JD-800 DAC Calibration:
A noise can occur during long release times. If this is the case, you will need to calibrate the unit. Noise itself is the result of improperly trimmed DAC (digital / analog converter). Type of the noise we discuss here sounds somehow like a bitcrusher or a bad working noisegate – it’s not the hiss we talk about here. Here’s the procedure:
- To Enter the Test Mode select Multi-Mode
- Press and hold: Cursor Left, Cursor Right and then Exit buttons.
- Use an instrument such as an oscilloscope to observe the output waveform of MIX OUT L on the rear panel. If you don’t have oscilloscope, you can use headphones and listen carefully with your ears.
- Press [NUMBER 7] while holding down [EXIT].
- A sine wave with a relatively low sound volume should be output.
- Make it a smooth sine wave by adjusting VR1 on the Jack board.
JD-800 Factory Reset
Warning: this will delete all of your presets. Please dump them via sys-ex before doing this procedure
- Press data transfer.
- Page up to select factory preset.
- Press YES.